e1 Products and technology
This chapter is about the natural or human-made products or systems of products, equipment and technology in an individual's immediate environment that are gathered, created, produced or manufactured. The ISO 9999 classification of technical aids defines these as „any product, instrument, equipment or technical system used by a disabled person, especially produced or generally available, preventing, compensating, monitoring, relieving or neutralizing“ disability.
It is recognized that any product or technology can be assistive. (See ISO 9999: Technical aids for disabled persons - Classification (second version); ISO/TC 173/SC 2; ISO/DIS 9999 (rev.).) For the purposes of this classification of environmental factors, however, assistive products and technology are defined more narrowly as any product, instrument, equipment or technology adapted or specially designed for improving the functioning of a disabled person.
Categories/Items in this Chapter:
The items are linked, if at least one of the following corresponding information is present: Description, sub items, assistive products, literature or case studies.
After each item the total number of assistive products, literature and case studies is indicated in parantheses.
- e110 Products or substances for personal consumption (248)
- e115 Products and technology for personal use in daily living (7813)
- e120 Products and technology for personal indoor and outdoor mobility and transportation (3022)
- e125 Products and technology for communication (3540)
- e130 Products and technology for education (341)
- e135 Products and technology for employment (1910)
- e140 Products and technology for culture, recreation and sport (202)
- e145 Products and technology for the practice of religion and spirituality (0)
- e150 Design, construction and building products and technology of buildings for public use (1654)
- e155 Design, construction and building products and technology of buildings for private use (1642)
- e160 Products and technology of land development (4)
- e165 Assets (2999)
- e198 Products and technology, other specified (0)
- e199 Products and technology, unspecified (0)